For more than 130 years, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design has been a leader in art and design education and is the region’s principal source of talents for our diverse, creative economy.
MCAD’s artists and designers thrive in the greater community where creativity meets purpose. Their work touches businesses and communities in meaningful ways, providing an impact that enlightens, inspires, and endures.
The generosity of MCAD’s President’s Circle members helps to launch the creative careers of tomorrow’s artists and designers. Their support maintains the quality of MCAD’s unique hands-on education, and ensures that MCAD’s renowned faculty and state-of-the-art facilities are accessible to students from every walk of life.
MCAD President’s Circle Benefits
Leader $25,000 ($24,950 tax-deductible)
- All of the benefits of the Sustainer level
- An endowment established in your name
Sustainer $10,000 ($9,950 tax-deductible)
- All of the benefits of the Benefactor level
- An additional two complimentary tickets to the MCAD Art Sale Opening Night (four tickets total)
- Private tour of MCAD, or reception in MCAD facility for up to ten people
Benefactor $5,000 ($4,950 tax-deductible)
- All of the benefits of the Partner level
- Invitation to exclusive lunch or dinner with one of the President’s Visiting Artists
Partner $3,000 ($2,950 tax-deductible)
- All of the benefits of the Member level
- Opportunity to provide a NOW Scholarship to an MCAD student with merit and need
- Invitation to Annual Scholarship Luncheon
Member $1,000 ($950 tax-deductible)
- Two complimentary tickets to the MCAD Art Sale Opening Night
- Invitation to an exclusive reception for President’s Circle members
- Recognition as a President’s Circle member in the annual report and on the donor wall
To become a President’s Circle member, contact Cindy Theis, associate vice president of Institutional Advancement, at 612.874.3777 or email@example.com.
Your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to MCAD. Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide greater tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair marker value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
"President’s Circle members advance the mission of the college and foster a dynamic academic community of professional artists and designers, pioneering thinkers, creative leaders, and engaged global citizens. Artists and designers have the ability not only to look into the future but to have a hand in shaping it as well. In the world we live in, in the professions we have chosen, we are the creators of the next now." —President Jay Coogan