The Minneapolis College of Art and Design is pleased to present the culminating exhibition of graduating Master of Fine Arts candidates. Presenting a variety of disciplines including: illustration, photography, painting, printmaking, sculpture, filmmaking, and graphic design, the exhibition will feature work by 19 artists and designers. This exhibition is the result of a two-year interdisciplinary journey of intensive research and studio practice. Visitors can expect to see work that encourages contemplation and conversation, while surprising and delighting in the mastery of materials.
MFA THESIS EXHIBITION AND RECEPTION
Where: MCAD MFA Studios and Gallery, 2201 1st Ave S., Minneapolis, MN
When: Reception takes place Friday, May 12, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Who: Open to the public, free admission
Gallery Hours: Saturday, May 6, 1:00-5:00 p.m. Friday, May 12, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Saturday, May 13, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Dana Kristine Cheit, illustration
- Michaela M. Chorn, drawing and painting Bianca Jarvis, printmaking
- Jesse R. Lentz, sculpture
- Joe Letchford, graphic design
- Yijia Li, drawing and painting
- Xiaohan Ma, graphic design
- Shiraz Mukarram, photography
- Aaron Olson-Reiners, drawing and painting
- Heather Peebles, interdisciplinary Chelsea Reeck, photography
- Dan Romanoski, graphic design Samantha Russell, sculpture
- Erin Sandsmark, drawing and painting Cole Seidl, filmmaking
- Joel Terry, sculpture
- Suyao Tian, graphic design
- Jacob Yeates, illustration
- Sihai Zhu, filmmaking
ABOUT MCAD’S MFA PROGRAM
The MCAD MFA Program is a community of makers, thinkers, theorists, researchers, and creative professionals. Our student body is diverse with a robust international presence. The subject of student-inquiry responds to social, cultural and professional needs as well as to entrepreneurial opportunities,stretching across art and design practices. Students in the program pursue creative work in a lively, interdisciplinary environment that includes graphic design, printmaking, paper and book arts, painting, photography, illustration, sculpture, drawing, animation, interactive media, filmmaking, comic arts, furniture design, and illustration art.
ABOUT THE MINNEAPOLIS COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
Recognized nationally and internationally for its innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to visual arts education, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design is home to 800 students and offers professional certificates, bachelor of fine arts and bachelor of science degrees, and graduate degrees.