MCAD Alumni and Student Art Sale Participation Rules
MCAD Alumni and Student Art Sale Participation Rules
There will be no hand written labels this year; it’s a completely new system. Please read these rules very carefully to make sure you understand the new process!
- Fill out the intent to participate form. It can be found either on mcad.edu in the alumni section or the MCAD intranet.
- After you fill out the Intent to Participate form you will get an email with a link to submit inventory.
- On the inventory form enter the personal information requested. *Please Note*: Important! How you enter this is how it will appear on your label in the sale. All labels are pre-printed for you this year. There will be no handwritten labels.
- Add all artwork to inventory that you plan on selling at the sale. 25 piece maximum. Price max for students $1,000. Price max for alumni $1,500.
- You may log back in at any time and edit your inventory as needed.
- At least 12 hours prior to Drop Off (times/dates listed later in this document) log on to your inventory and click "MARK AS READY TO PRINT.” Absolutely no changes can be made to your inventory after you click this.
- Print and sign a W-9 to bring with you to Drop Off. You may NOT drop off your work unless you turn in a signed W-9.
- Come to Drop Off and your labels will be pre-printed for you. Affix the labels to your artwork as instructed by staff.
- If you have completed the steps above prior to Drop Off then intake of your artwork will take 15 to 20 minutes. If you have not completed these steps before Drop Off please plan on the intake of your artwork taking 60 minutes or more. You may NOT drop off your work unless you turn in a signed W-9.
- Price adjustments are allowed at any time during the sale.
- Secure one of the mark-down pens from Art Sale staff at the registers.
- Write the new price clearly on your label while avoiding making any marks on the barcode.
- Illegible prices may mean that your piece is not sold or is sold for the wrong price.
- The new price will be manually entered at the register.
- You are allowed to restock work in the sale once you sell work. You may not have more than 25 pieces in the sale at any time.
- Log into your art sale inventory account and print a RESTOCK LABEL at the Art Sale Station in the Service Bureau.
- Manually write (legibly!) the information required on the label. Fill out label completely - do not skip any parts. Do not make any marks on the barcode.
- Affix label to artwork per instructions from your initial Drop Off.
- These are the only times restocking is permitted (after the sale is over on each night): Thursday, Nov. 15, 9pm - 10pm. Friday, Nov. 15, 9pm - 10pm.
- You are responsible for restocking on your own. If you have questions you may ask Art Sale staff present.
- Alumni - if you do not live in state someone else may restock work for you.
- Size limit for shrinkwrapping is 4' x 8'. Larger work should be framed or mounted. Students should ask Academic Services if they have questions. Alumni should ask the Alumni Office.
- You may request to have any amount of your initial 25 pieces at Drop Off shrinkwrapped. Identify these to intake staff.
- Students must have all work shrinkwrapped prior to intake! Alumni do not but it’s nice if you do.
- If you have a restock piece that needs to be shrinkwrapped then you must do so on your own during Art Sale hours. Staff to train you and supplies will be available at the wrap station if needed.
- If you are submitting multiples, we suggest that you do not submit more than 5 each of the same piece.
Alumni Drop Off Dates/Times in Gallery 148 at MCAD (no exceptions):
- Thursday, November 1 (12pm - 8pm)
- Friday, November 2 (8am - Noon)
- Saturday, November 3 (2pm - 7pm)
- Sunday, November 4 (10am - 8pm)
- Monday, November 5 (9am to 5pm)
Student Drop Off Dates/Times in Main Gallery (no exceptions):
- Sunday, November 11 (9am - 3pm)
Alumni Pick Up Dates/Times in Gallery 148 (no exceptions):
- Sunday, November 18 (11am - 5pm)
- Monday, November 19 (2pm - 8pm)
- Tuesday, November 20 (11am - 2pm)
Student Pick Up Dates/Times in College Center (no exceptions):
- Saturday, November 17th (immediately after Art Sale is over)
- Sunday, November 18th (all day)
- All work will be sorted for you. An email and intranet posting with all details will go out with additional details on Art Sale weekend.
- All participating alumni receive one complimentary ticket for the Friday night of Art Sale.
- Alumni Perk: Advance Friday night tickets are now available, two for the price of one, to all MCAD alumni. Enter coupon code ALUMNI during your online purchase.
- Alumni Altruist club artwork raised $5,800 dollars for student scholarships last year - please consider joining. Free high fives from Brian for life!
- Out of town participants – pretty much everything above is the same for you. If you have questions about shipping please get in touch with Brian.
- Contact Brian Gioielli (email@example.com or 612.874.3787) if you have any questions or need anything.
Art Sale Q&A Sessions
- Tuesday, October 23 (12pm - 1pm)
- Friday, November 2 (12pm - 1pm)
- Participating Students receive 1 free ticket for the Friday Night of Art Sale.
- Contact Brett Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.874.3509) if you have any questions or need anything.