BFA Foundation Studies / Core Four
Our BFA curriculum is rooted by Core Four—fundamental courses that are structured to enrich each student's development as he or she progresses through the college. From the first compositions and critiques to real-world work experiences, Core Four is a systematic process that transforms MCAD students into professional artists and designers.
- First-Year Studio Foundation / Get grounded in basic art and design concepts.
- First-Year Liberal Arts Foundation / Learn art and design history while honing your writing and research skills.
- Second-Year Studio Foundation / Explore the development of new ideas and your own process of making. Hear from visiting professionals, and learn how to present your work to outside audiences.
- Professional Practice / Prepare for your transition from student to working professional.
- Internship / Gain practical experience and valuable skills through real-world work.
- Senior Project / Develop and complete a semester-long project to culminate in the Commencement Exhibition.