Nancy Rice is an advertising legend, having held senior creative management posts with the likes of Knox Reeves, Bozell & Jacobs Minneapolis, DDB Needham Chicago, Ogilvy & Mather Chicago, BBDO Minneapolis, and Rice & Rice. In 1981, she was a founding partner in Fallon McElligott Rice, which, within three years of its founding, was named "Agency of the Year" by Advertising Age.
Rice has been:
- Adweek’s "Ad woman of the Year" runner-up
- Esquire’s “Top Business and Industry Leader” (alongside Steve Jobs)
- Named one of the One Club's and Adweek’s “10 Best Campaigns of the Decade” (her "Perception/Reality” campaign for Rolling Stone)
- Included in British Design & Art Direction’s first book on art direction (among 28 of the worlds best art directors—only 6 Americans)
- Inducted into the New York Art Directors Hall of Fame
She has received gold and silver awards from:
- ANDY Awards
- Art Directors Club
- ATHENA Leadership Awards
- CLIO Awards
- Communication Arts
- Print Casebooks
- Print Regional Design Annual Awards
- Society of Illustrators
- The One Show
In addition to winning creative awards, Rice has also been a sought-after judge, speaker, and columnist for the advertising, graphic design, and education fields. Rice was also honored with a one-woman show at the Herb Lubalin Gallery at Cooper Union in New York.
Rice is an MCAD board member and trustee, and she has been a commencement speaker representing 100 years of MCAD alumni as well as a featured speaker in MCAD’s 125 Anniversary documentary.