This real-world work experience allows you to earn credits, boost your resume, and sometimes even stamp your passport.
An internship is an academic learning experience where you work under the mentorship of an experienced professional. Working on-site, you perform real-world projects while learning about your chosen industry, enhancing your skills, networking, and building your portfolio.
Interned at BCBG Max Azria
“I did an internship in Los Angeles at BCBG Max Azria headquarters. I wanted to get into the fashion industry and I love BCBG as a brand. And it was amazing.
We had intern workshops where they talked to us about self-branding, our resumes, and interviews. I was also assigned a mentor who guided me through the whole internship. Everyone around was always willing to answer any work- or career-related questions. They did an amazing job at making sure I got the best out of my time there.”
Interned at Fallon Worldwide
“I worked as an animator/editor for Fallon Worldwide, an advertising agency. Daily tasks included product photo shoots, video editing, and animation. I enjoyed working on a company’s social media page for the superbowl and another company’s 3D printer video.
Throughout the internship I also wrote a paper on advertising, performed a 'TED Talk' before the agency, and created a video summing up my experience.”
MCAD Students Have Interned at:
- Bloomingdales, New York, NY
- Carmichael Lynch, Minneapolis, MN
- K2 Sports / Ride Snowboards, Seattle, WA
- KMSP Fox 9, Eden Prairie, MN
- Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, North Adams, MA
- Medtronic Inc., Mounds View, MN
- Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul, MN
- Minnesota Timberwolves / Lynx, Minneapolis, MN
- MTV, New York, NY
- Nickelodeon, New York, NY
- Ogilvy & Mather, Warsaw, Poland
- Target, Minneapolis, MN
- Tupperware Brands, Orlando, FL
- Urban Outfitters, Philadelphia, PA
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, MN