Admissions counselors are available to meet with prospective students by appointment Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If scheduled in advance, we can also give tours to student groups interested in learning more about MCAD.
To schedule a tour or interview, please contact the admissions office:
- Toll-free: 800.874.6223
- Twin Cities: 612.874.3760
Information Events and Group Tours
The admissions office regularly hosts information events for prospective students.
MCAD is located at 2501 Stevens Ave, just south of downtown Minneapolis, on an arts campus shared with the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Children's Theatre Company. The Admissions Office is located in the center of campus in the Morrison Building.
Short-term visitors may park in front of the Main Building, where the MCAD Gallery is located, to the north of campus. Those with confirmed appointments may use the reserved parking spaces in the gated lot off of 26th Street.
Where to Stay
- 15% off Best Available Rate
- Minimum $79.00 per night
- Parking available at $7.00 per night
- Complimentary internet access
- Normandy Kitchen onsite restaurant
- $89.95 a night single, $99.95 a night double
- Deluxe complimentary FULL breakfast
- Indoor Pool, Whirlpool & Workout Room
- Complimentary High Speed Internet
- Parking available @ $15 per night
- Boutique, art-lover's hotel
- Minimum $99/night for classic queen
- Minimum $109/night for classic king
- Online reservations: Choose Rate Preference/Promotion Code, select SET/Corporate Acct#, and enter 366258
- Phone Reservations: Please request the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) rate
- D'Amico Kitchen onsite restaurant
- Guestroom Key gives complimentary access to Walker Art Center
- 100% Non-Smoking Rooms and Facilities