Continuing Education Tuition Scholarships
Continuing Education strives to make arts learning opportunities accessible to students from all economic backgrounds. Whenever possible, we offer tuition scholarships to those demonstrating financial need.
“Existing in a lower-income family, it is difficult for interests and talents to be served or grown. Attending a class on scholarship offered our son not only a great experience, but also a place of pride knowing he was deserving of the opportunity.”
—Parent of Scholarship Recipient
Current Scholarship* Opportunities
Scholarships are dependent on funding and are currently available for the following:
- Youth ages 12–14 who reside within the city of Minneapolis
- Youth ages 5–18 who reside within the Whittier Neighborhood in Minneapolis
- High school students who wish to take a campus-based fall Portfolio Preparation class
- Review the fall class schedule and descriptions
- Complete an online scholarship application or print a PDF of the application and mail or fax it in
Please note: As scholarships are not guaranteed to every applicant, students are unable to reserve spots in advance. As funds are limited priority is given to families who have not previously received a scholarship. Scholarship applications are reviewed each Friday and must be redeemed within two weeks of award notice. Scholarships will be reviewed and awarded until funds are depleted.
*Scholarships cover 97% of class cost. Supply costs included on a case-by-case basis. Not valid for for-credit classes. Other restrictions will apply.
In addition to funding provided directly by MCAD Continuing Education, current scholarship opportunities have been generously funded by the following sponsors:
- Best Buy Children's Foundation
- Carolyn Foundation
- Coyne Foundation
- Minnesota State Arts Board
- Thomson Reuters
- Whittier Alliance
- William Boss Foundation
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Continuing Education would also like to thank its past sponsors:
David Winton Bell Foundation
- Gamble Skogmo
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- National Endowment for the Arts
- RBC Wealth Management
Additional Continuing Education Information